Monday 28 July 2014

Slow Cooker Awesomeness.......

Saturday 12th July

We've got into using the slow cooker for a lot of meals lately....  and there's been times where we've really wanted more than one.... and hopefully one that was larger... as we seem to have to wedge some of the silver sides into it to cook them.... 

Unfortunately I couldn't find one that was larger - but I did get an oval shaped one - which does the trick for the roasts....... 

So, after I got home from shopping I chopped up all of the vegetables and threw them in with the pork roast and left them to go for the whole day....





I threw the roast in the oven for the last half an hour just to crisp up the skin and to finish the veggies off.....


Then I thought about trying Ma Andy's "Poor Man's Pudding" to see if it would cook well in the slow cooker..... and was pleasantly surprised......


It looks a little odd to begin with..... but that's normal....

  
  

It took just on two hours to cook on high in the slow cooker.....



Perfect! 
(I hadn't bought ice cream or custard to go with it - so we just had to have it plain... but it was fantastic!)



No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...