Wednesday 26 February 2014

Post Trials BBQ & ouchies......

Sunday 18th August

So, we got up early and had breakfast with the derby peeps that were staying at the house... Then, HeBe, Suz, Drew, Tilt'n'Jammy & the kids and I headed out to Benaraby to a trials competition.... I was determined to beat HeBe.... even though I've barely spent any time on the trials bike lately due to so much derby taking up my time.....

We got through the first two laps quite easily....  I was falling behind in points, but I was feeling ok about it all.... but this one section was throwing me.. I'd get through it all clean and then when I got to the log right near the exit - I wasn't always hitting it in the right spot and it was costing me points.... (not all 5 - but - enough to make me try to beat it....) - Well... I should have been happy with sticking with a 2 or 3.... because I went over the log and hit it on such an angle that the bike just slid down the log and then I went over... landing on the end of the log... (or more importantly the roots that were sticking up) and pinned myself between the bike and the roots... 

Ride Trials (they said....)
It will hurt less than Roller Derby (they said!)

or... maybe not!




The first look at the bruises.... and this was after only a few hours.... it continued to grow over the next few days.....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...