Tuesday 1 January 2013

Rollercon 2012.....

Tuesday 27th November....

We bought a Vinyl Cutter and a Heat Press so that we could make shirts for Rollercon (though, we've used it a pile since then too) - - - but I was on a few Challenge bout teams... and I made shirts for two of the teams.....  

Opposite Ollies was a backwards bout (hence the names being backwards on the shirts)  so the bout was played clockwise, rather than anticlockwise.... 






The other team shirts were for the Rebellion -vs- The Dark Side bout.... that was heaps of fun too - it was an A Grade Co-ed Bout.....  (I didn't realise it was A Grade when I was signed up for it - but it was an experience and a half - and I didn't completely suck!)








I then had to have a red shirt for the "four eyes" bout... so we did this one up...  it started with just a name and number, but then the front of it was all plain....  

  


And the front of the shirt was a little plain.... so.... we had to come up with something to put on there...
To explain this... I've always gone to people at the end of Derby Bouts and done "Sweaty Derby Love" - so you hug people (usually they're sweaty too....) - but lately we'd been to a few bouts where we'd just watched... so it became "Squishy Derby Love" ... when we put this shirt up online - everyone knew it was "MY" shirt....  it's great when you get this kind of reputation... everyone loves Squishy Derby Love :)



This next shirt was made for Anklebiter... she plays for Townsville and had seen the shirts going up online and asked if we could make her one....  so we asked her what she'd want on the front and she said "Surprise me!" - so, that's what she got.... but she loved it...





This shirt was made for Michael.... his derby name is "Yoda" and when we were visiting Bacon and Sundae - Bacon said that he always imagined Michael going around in Yoda voice saying "Teach you to skate I will!" - so... we made him the shirt....





This shirt was made for Sundae....  my first introduction to her was at our Gold Coast Bout... she'd gone along with Storm Jury (a photographer) - and had made up a sign saying "Occupy the Pivot Line. Be the 1%"




This is the shirt we made for Storm Jury... it's one of his "phrases"



Wednesday 28th November

After I finished work we headed off.....  first stop at BP to fuel up and I found Diet Coke with Vanilla... BEST FIND EVER!!!



Found someone's glasses in Rob's van.... we believe they belonged to Frank after we posted pics on facebook.....  

We got to Caloundra at about 8:30pm and met up with Bacon, Sundae, Storm and Mercy (American Derby Player - and one of the trainers for RollerCon) and went to have Chinese for dinner.... after dinner we headed to our Cabin...   Bacon, Sundae and Storm stayed with us overnight as they'd only booked their cabin from the Thursday night... and we had a spare room in ours for the night with two bunk beds.. (ie. 4 beds)... it made sense :)


 Thursday 29th November

We got up early and dropped Rob off at the venue to start setting up....  which as it turns out, was pointless as no one knew where he was supposed to be setting up or what the deal with what he was allowed to do was... so he ended up finding us out at shopping where we were finding him an esky and a supply of pepsi max to keep him going for the weekend.....

We then headed back to the caravan park to check in properly ... it turned out that most of the van park was booked out by Derby people from all over the country.... so we ran into some interesting people... :)



At 11:30 - we headed back to the venue to finalise our registration for RollerCon and then Sundae and I were due to help volunteer to set up for RollerCon to start the following day....  I was due to work from 12-7:30pm... but, Bacon asked me if I'd like to head to Tweed with him to train with the Tweed girls that night - so I jumped at the chance and changed my shifts around....



This is Kat.... she's the head "Dick" (which is the people who help around at RollerCon - I'm not sure if there's a reason for it being called that - but that's what we signed up for..... so basically anything..... from registering MVP's, setting up the tracks, making sure things stay tidy, making sure people aren't where they shouldn't be and that they don't have skates on when they shouldn't etc....)


she apparently has a Crazy Butt!
(Oh yeah, we had sticker fun!)


Kat & Rob


My MVP Pass


Rob's MVP Pass....


As part of my duties, I was working with a few other people to set up the outside tracks....  these were chalked onto the outside netball courts...






After we'd finished chalking up the tracks, we signed the track....
(in this pic you can see Leanne (Lethal InJectHer)


This is Lethal's mother (Great Dame) - they were both out with the RollerCon crew as staff members...


All signed....


Then we realised that we'd only signed one track.... so.... I said that I knew how to fix the other track so that we didn't have to sign it also.....



Zoom Splat & Dragn SlayHer


Sundae wearing her new shirt....



Then it was time to head to Tweed..... it was about a 2hr drive from Caloundra (maybe a little more....)


Storm Jury wanted me to try his Crazy Skates...    they hadn't been set up and I didn't want to mess with his trucks etc... so I only skated on them for a little bit... then switched back to my skates....


A pic with the Tweed Girls at the end of training....

After we'd finished with training, we headed back to Bacon and Sundae's house to grab some things and then headed back to Caloundra.... on the way we had to stop at Sundae's sister's place and pick her up too... so we didn't get back to Caloundra until about 2am.....



Friday 30th November

Awake at 5am was not a fantastic way to start the day... 3hrs sleep and then it was time to get ready to head down to Day 1....



HebeGB  brought in his skates.... these are his "shorties" - just with a short plate... I didn't actually see him skate in them though....


Sundae ready to tackle RollerCon :)


Rob attempting to be inappropriate with D Block....
(D Block looking rightfully scared!)


Me & D Block
  

D Block again


Beserk and I watching HorrorBelle Bout....


Poor Horrors... had a pile of shirts made up for Rollercon with her name and number on them... and when they arrived they'd spelt them "horrobelle" missing the R... so we kept saying "Horro..... Belle"  (ie. Hello Belle - if that makes more sense....  it was funny  eventually.... when she first got the shirts she was really upset as it was the night before she had to leave - so no chance of getting them fixed)


Rob & She Ra (Mackay Girl)


She Ra & I


Rob being jumped by D Block....


Mustachio Nuts -vs- Pussy Whips
(Male -vs- Female)


This was probably the BEST bout I have ever watched... the Pussy Whips were notably infront at half time and then the boys came back and caught up and then for the last half of the second half, the lead kept changing... it was a very exciting and extremely fast game...




HeBeGB's MVP Pass...
(note his League is "Official Hot Sauce Committee" as he no longer associates himself as a BCR member)


Saturday 1st December.....

The one challenge bout that I was in on this day was for the four eyes... and before I left home, I couldn't find my glasses (as I don't need to wear them these days as everything is LCD's and no longer using CRT monitors that give off the reflection).... anyway, I bought a cheap pair of sunnies and knocked out the lenses.....



Bacon & Rob


HebeGB wearing Hank Fister's shirt...


Where's Wally -vs- Odlaw
  

Great Dame, Me & Lethal


Suzie Pow & Zo D'Pravd


Me, Zo & Sundae


Me, Miriam & Sundae


Me, Miriam, (another Tweed Girl - I'm sorry - I don't know who she was), and Sundae


After we'd finished at RollerCon for the day, we headed out to dinner at the Chinese place that Sundae had found when we were in Caloundra a fortnight earlier.... she raved about the place - so we had to go..... and she was right - their food was awesome....



Sundae & Tipsy Moo


Beserk


HeBeGB gave me his sleeveless Hoodie.... he's so cute :)  

I will treasure it always



Slytherin -vs- Gryffindor


Myself and Zoom Splat


Myself and Body BagHer


Awkweirdo, Body, Me, Jackie, Anna & Electrik Maverick


This sign that Rob is holding was to take Donations to buy a ref called "T-Ref" some shorts that went past his groin.... this guy was wearing black and white striped skinz and ... well... when he fell over, they left very little to the imagination.... they eventually got him shorts that went to his knees..... (like the rest of the refs wear!)


Rob and Body


Body and NSOvember Bear


Rob and Awkweirdo


Me & FoxyPop
(Foxy was this cute little Kiwi girl who cheered for me in a few bouts because when she says Teddie - it sounded like Tittie - which makes it very funny and worth repeating - on numerous occasions!)


Vaderella, Kat, Body, Awkweirdo, Trish, Ivanna & Jackie Daniels....



Rob and Ivanna S.Pankin


Ivanna & Myself...


Kat & Myself....


Sundae found Anklebiter's shirt and was holding it hostage!


Sundae & Ivanna


The girls cheering on the Black and White Scrim....


Monday 2nd December.....

Up again, at 5am..... I was exhausted.... it had been such a long weekend.... I had competed in about 6 challenge bouts - including two A Grade Co-ed Bouts... (which were completely awesome.... and what was even more awesome was when the guys were coming up afterwards and saying how awesome it was to go up against me....  everyone needs a little Ego-Boost every now and then right??)

Anyway, Sundae had left a Powerade in the fridge - so I stole it and drank it all up.... (I'm still not a fan of their flavour or anything.... but I needed a cold drink and there was nothing else)



Round at Bacon and Sundae's cabin to say good bye.....
Bowling, Me, Storm Jury, Kat & Sundae


Zo D'Pravyd and myself....


Miriam, Zo & myself


Kat, Sundae, Miriam, Zo & myself...



And we're off on our way home....



Rob had to go into a chemist to get some happy pills - so he got me a bag of Jellybeans....  healthy breakfast... right?


Just kidding, he then got me a sandwich....



On our way home, we were following Dean for part of the Trip....  


After having been away from home for 5 days, we were definitely glad to get home and sleep in our own bed again... but we're both looking forward to the next RollerCon Downunder that comes along... wherever it may be held.... :)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...