Monday 11 June 2012

Toowoomba Skating....

Saturday 28th April

We headed to Toowoomba on 27th April to spend the weekend with Michael & Ingrid....  while we were down there, we headed to a skate session....

Jade appears to be quite a natural on skates... she's only ever skated on hers a couple of times but seems to really have grasped the concept..... apparently when she's bigger she's going to play Jerby (Junior Derby) - and I can't wait!





Kurtice


Kurtice & Michael


Jade & Michael watching the one game


Kurtice


Jade & I


Jade doing the Limbo


Oh yeah, and in typical "Tharyn" style social skating... mucking around means weird falls = hurting of wrists or knees..... 

(but it's ok, nothing broken - I had it checked on Monday when we got back to Gladstone)


(oh - and I forgot to mention... when I was a teenager - I'd been to a skating session in Toowoomba with my cousins.... and when Michael had suggested going skating - I questioned about how many rinks there were in Toowoomba... and he advised that there used to be two....    but, as soon as I walked into this place - I recognised it.....  which was pretty awesome.... it hasn't changed in 20yrs!)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...