Wednesday 8 April 2015

Out for a ride.....

Saturday 10th January

Rob agreed to be on dad-duty for the day so that I could get out on my bike for a ride......  I organised to meet up with Drew and just do a "round the region" ride...


All geared up and ready to go....

First stop was Rockhampton...  stopped in for a coffee with Debra while Drew got the rest of his gear together......  then we headed off to Byfield..... we stopped in at the little shop in the bush up there for a coffee....








From there, we headed off to Stoney Creek to check out the condition of the creek... last time Rob and I had got there Jade was 12 weeks old and the water was terrible... there hadn't been much rain so the water was murky etc....  I wasn't overly thrilled with the idea of dirt road riding... but I knew I could manage it....


Oh yeah, and my bike got dirty!



The water was lovely.....  or, so it seemed (we didn't go for a swim... but everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves...)



Parked on gravel.... I'm sure my bike was hating me at this point! hehe...



Next stop - Yeppoon.....  we decided to head to Yeppoon for lunch... by the time we got there we weren't really hungry - so we just grabbed a couple of drinks and went to sit in the shade and watch the waves crashing....



The singing ship would have been playing a nice tune, it was a very windy day....


After 400km - my fingers were killing me!  Time for new gloves! (which I ordered as soon as I got home)


Final stop before getting home - Marmour for a final drink before heading back to Gladstone.....

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...