Saturday 9 August 2014

My Bike's back on the road!

Dad has been working really hard.... and my bike is finally back on the road....

There was a lot of discussions in relation to whether it was worth fixing my bike or just buying another Firestorm (as we could have picked up a newer model with less km's for about $4,000 or for $2,000 I could have got one about the same vintage as mine (1998) - but without knowing whether it would handle the same etc, I was nervous about changing.....) this was my first big-bike after getting off the CBR250R and I know how it handles - and it really sounds nice......



Dad bleeding the brakes before bringing it home..... (luckily he checked this as apparently it had no breaks at all - and the liquid that came out was like a really thick soup....)



I got my bike back last Saturday.... it was strange sitting on it again while it was running....   I wasn't feeling 100% as I'd been taken home from work the day before with major dizzy spells.... I felt better, but wasn't 100% alert, and I don't take to the roads in that condition....




Sunday I took it for a ride....  just did a small loop - from town - out through Yarwun, to Calliope and back to town..... I had to wear Jade's helmet because my Arai had to be thrown out a couple of years ago after a family of Ants got into it and destroyed the foam etc.....

Frank then posted on facebook that night that he'd found one of my other helmets.... so now I have a helmet that isn't pink!! (and it's very important to not be pink!)


So, now I'm set to take it to the roads again... when I get a chance :)

No comments:

February - Slumber Party Roller Disco

Friday 10th February PJ Party Time! Jade had arranged with her friend that they'd go in onesies to the disco.....  so tha...